Go to Introduction
THE DOCTRINE of REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS of SINS
- REPENTANCE BIBLE STUDY INDEX
- #1. UNDERSTANDING REPENTANCE
- #2. WHY SHOULD A CHRISTIAN REPENT?
- #3. PROMISES OF FORGIVENESS
- #4. REPENT AFTER BELIEVING IN JESUS
- #4.02 The Foolish Virgins were not Righteous
- #4.04 Servants of Sin are not Righteous
- #4.06 The robber on the Cross was not Righteous
- #4.08 The Luke Warm Laodiceans were not Righteous
- #4.10 Simon the sorcerer was not Righteous
- #4.12 Saul was not Righteous
- #4.14 Righteousness Comes After Chastisement, not Before
- #4.16 Baptism is Required to Fulfil all Righteousness
- #4.18 We Must Forgive Before we are Forgiven
- #4.20 Believers Need to Cleanse Themselves
- #4.22 Believers Need to Purify Themselves
- #4.24 Doers of God's Word are Justified, not Hearers
- #4.26 Righteousness has to be Sought for
- #4.28 Righteousness has to be learned
- #4.30 Righteousness has to be Waited for
- #4.32 Crowns of Righteousness are Given After the Fight of Faith has been Finished
- #4.34 Some will need to Die in Order to Become Righteous
- #4.36 Robes of Righteousness are Given After Death
- #4.38 Stony Hearts do not Automatically Become Good Ground
- #4.40 The Demons Believe that Jesus is the Son of God
- #4.42 Sin and Sickness are linked Together
- #6. HOW TO REPENT OF SINS?
- #6.1 Believe in Jesus Christ for Forgiveness
- #6.2 Pray with Fasting and Supplications to God for Forgiveness
- #6.3 Confess Our Sins to God for Forgiveness
- #6.4 Be Sorry for Our Sins for Forgiveness
- #6.5 Forsake Our Sins for Forgiveness
- #6.6 Destroy All Association with Past Sinful Practices for Forgiveness
- #6.7 Make Restitution Where Possible for Forgiveness
- #6.8 Be Transformed by the Renewing of Our Mind for Forgiveness
- #6.9 Do Good Works Fit for Repentance
- #7. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS ON REPENTANCE
This is a bible study is about repentance, which is a most important teaching in scripture. Section 4 proves with many scriptures that sins are not automatically forgiven (in a manifested sense) when we first believe in Jesus, or get water baptized. This section is for those people who believe that past sins are automatically forgiven when we become believers in Jesus Christ, or those others who believe that sins are removed from our heart when we are water baptized. If the devil can deceive us into believing either of these errors, then he will be able to prevent us from seeking for the cleansing that is so necessary to enable us to overcome sin in our own lives. He will also be able to keep us from being healed sometimes, deceive us in other areas, and keep us living without the manifestation of the real spiritual power of God in our lives. Section 6 is showing how to repent, and if these steps are followed by anyone it will transform their lives. Their understanding of scripture will increase and their love for God also. Forgiveness of all sins is a PROMISE and all promises can be asked for and received by faith when we believe in Jesus (2 Corinthians 1:20; Matthew 7:7-11; Mark 11:23-24). This does not mean that forgiveness is immediately manifested, but it will manifest when we repent of our sins properly. Sin will be removed from the heart and the desire to sin will die. God bless you as you read on.
If you have benefited from reading this study, then please tell your friends about this website.
If you have a website of your own, then please consider linking to this website. See the Website Links page.
Please copy and paste this link into Facebook and Twitter to all your friends who do not believe that Christians need to Repent.